The Forest Lakes/Thornlie Family Centre Inc is a community managed organisation that is a not for profit, incorporated organisation. The building is managed by a group of volunteer Board Members made up of community members providing a venue of community groups. The centre is managed on a day to day basis by the centre coordinator.
The centre's aim is to provide an opportunity to meet people, establish friendships and learn new skills by being involved within the community.
- 2 Large Air-conditioned and heated activity areas
- Kitchen facilities with crockery for refreshments
- Fenced outdoor play area with sandpit and children's play equipment
- Level access for differently abled people
- Group storage facilities
- Equipment such as overhead projector, TV/Video
- Fully maintained gardens and lawns
- Tables / chairs
- Substantial off street parking
Programs & Associations
- 3 year-old Kindy (2 1/2 to 4-year-old Children)
- Forest Lakes Playgroups
- Discovery Club (2 to 4-year-old Children)
- Forest Lakes Child Health Nurses
- Gosnells District Bridge Club
- Forest Lakes Weight Watchers Inc
- Forest Lakes Uniting Church
- Western Australia Board Games Association
- Sporting Clubs
- Workshops, Community support programs, referal services and much more.
The centre was officially opened by the Hon Yvonne Henderson MLA on November 28 1992 as a joint project with the City of Gosnells and the Government of Western Australia. When the centre opened, it provided services such as 4-year-old kindy, playgroups, social and craft groups for adults. The centre now offers services to nearly 300 families, including: Playgroups, 3-year-old kindy, discovery club (2 to 4-year-old children), Child Health nurses, Bridge Club, Weight Watchers Federation, Uniting Church, Western Australia Board Games Association, sporting clubs, birthday parties, workshops, community support programs and referral services.
- Continuous Improvement
We are always reassessing our target groups and the programs we offer to ensure we are providing the best opportunities our community both in the City of Gosnells and surrounding areas to grow, learn and be enriched to feel connected and involved in their lives and their community.
Our Vision and purpose
“To create opportunities for enrichment and growth that nurtures and strengthens our community”
Our purpose is to provide a warm, welcoming and inclusive environment where our community can participate in activities that enhance health and social wellbeing. To build partnerships with people and organisations who share our ideals so that together we are able to achieve more for our community. Working together on ways to identify and enhance opportunities in our centre and our community that will benefit all members of our community.